Celebrating Over 100 years of Quality and Service
Builders Supply began delivering building materials with mules and wagons in 1913, and had the first ready-mixed concrete trucks in North Louisiana in 1932. Today, Builders Supply continues to pioneer new and better ways to serve its customers and provide for the safety and comfort of its team who deliver that service.
The Golden family has been involved in Builders Supply for over 80 years. H.W.G. Golden started working at the company right out of college and continued his career there for 64 years. His sons, Grady and Bill, joined him after they graduated from college; they are currently serving as Sr. Vice President and Vice President, respectively. G. Carlton Golden, Jr., Grady’s son, is President and CFO; the fourth generation is also involved in the business.
Builders Supply is honored to be a part of the history and growth of its community for over 100 years. Some of the many notable projects the company has furnished as the first of their kind in the area include Regions Tower, the tallest building in Shreveport; Cyber Innovation Center; Sci-Port: Louisiana’s Science Center; Louisiana Boardwalk; and, Shreveport Convention Center and Parking Garage.